About Me

My photo
I LUV HOCKEY! I luv music and writing, too! I am currently working on a book and am in a band, Surrounded!!! I am a proud fan of the San Jose Sharks, Washington Capitals, Chicago Blackhawks, and Pittsburgh Penguins! I also luv Canada, Russia, and Sweden!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Alexei Cherepanov: 2 years ago...

Two years ago, the KHL hockey team of Avangard Omsk was playing a game in a city outside of Moscow. With about five minutes left in the game, all heads were turned to the Avangard bench. Nineteen-year-old star, Alexei Cherepanov had collapsed on the bench while conversing with friend, idol, and teammate, Jaromir Jagr. Like good trainers should, they rushed Alexei to the parking lot, only to find that the ambulance that was supposed to stay at the game had left fifteen minutes earlier. Once the ambulance returned, Alexei was rushed to the hospital, but many believed that all hope was lost. Cherepanov was revived three times; once he even regained consciousness and was able to recognize his teammates. As some had feared, nothing could ultimately save him. Alexei Andreyevich Cherepanov passed away in Chekhov, Russia that night. He was an amazingly talented player and will never be forgotten. R.I.P.


No comments:

Post a Comment